ST versus Sunny boy [RE-wrenches]

Baran Galocy livewire at c-zone.net
Tue Aug 14 18:31:29 PDT 2001

Absolutely Kirk,

My installation for a Sunny Boy 2500 has 24) MSX-120-S 12 vdc quick-connect
panels.  They produce about 380 +/- vdc at about 7 amps near solar noon.
This makes the 10 gauge quick-connect wires over-rated by any standards in
terms of voltage drop efficiency. I'm very happy with their triple-grip
feature, for want of a better term.  They have three sets of concentric
ridges that interlock when connected.  The result is more than waterproof,
though time will tell.  I would still use rail, conduit, or some other form
of protection from the elements when interconnecting arrays.

Namaste, Baran @ HelioElectric

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm