Ethical dilemma [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Aug 14 09:43:07 PDT 2001

William Miller wrote:

> Fiends:
>
> Here's a dilemma and how I dealt with it.

There are 4 SW inverters with outputs summed through 2 levels of
transformers.  (etc., etc.)

> I wrote to the school and told them I could not work for them until this
> issue is addressed.

Greetings William,

I agree totally.  Make sure you are speaking with the right people at
the school because this sounds pretty bad!  Are these transformers the
type that come with the Paralleling interface kit (SWI/PAR) Trace sells
for the SW's?  It's possible the fix wouldn't be that costly.

This is somewhat similar to the string last week (?) about the guy who
didn't want a sub panel with dedicated loads on his SW's, rather have
all loads dedicated and he'd "shut some off in the event of a power
failure".  I'm suprised no one mentioned that anytime the customer
starts calling the design shots, it's time to start planning an exit
strategy.

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -