Kubota Diesel 6500 remote start [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel slrwrk at ocinet.net
Thu Aug 2 10:39:00 PDT 2001

I installed one at 9,300 ft.el. in the San Juans in CO. The remote start
card was provided by the wholesaler and had a problem [early card in the
design], the glow plug time was fixed and in really cold conditions
[possibly like your installation in VT] it was not long enough. The
manufacturer of the card replaced it with a new card with a longer delay {I
was allowed to test and determine the length of time required for the glow
plugs}. The remote start uses a two wire contact. You will have to change
some of the settings in the Trace to accommodate the longer delay before the
Trace sees 120VAC. It has just been installed and is working well in warm
conditions, this winter will be the test. As of my last dealings they did
not have a variable time setting for the glow plug.

The Kubota generator arrived without freeze plugs installed and therefore
would not hold coolant. A bit disappointing as it had to be returned to
Denver 6 hours away and be picked up again in a week. I have since switched
to Onans [owned by Cummins] for my diesels again and had much better luck.

If you are interested in the supplier I will have to find them in an old
file. Please contact me off line any one interested

Dana Orzel
Great Solar Works!
slrwrk at ocinet.net