Two e-meters [RE-wrenches]

Randy Cone rcone at chaffee.net
Mon Jul 30 09:14:08 PDT 2001

John,
 I have installed a system with a SW4024 and two Emeters. I wired both
Emeters to the same shunt. It has worked fine for five years although there
is a slight discrepancy between the two meters counting ampere hours. I have
assumed that this is due to the 50 foot difference in meter wire runs.
Overall the important information for the homeowner is present on either
meter.

Sincerely,
Randy Cone

Zephyr Industries, Inc
POB 52
Salida, CO   81201
Phone: 719.530.0718
Fax: 719.539.7052
Email: RC at zephyrvent.com
Let The Sun Light Your Life!

> Hi folks,
> I think this may have been covered before but at the time, I didn't pay
> much attention.  I have a new customer who will have a powershed between an
> existing small home and the new large house they are building.  They want to
> power both with a SW4024 system.  Currently they will be living in the small
> house and I want the e-meter to be there.  Can I hook up two shunts in series
> and have a meter in each building?  I know it will be a pain to wire the
> series shunts with the 4/0 cable but just wondering if it will work.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com