Installer Certification [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Thu Jul 12 11:11:33 PDT 2001

Allan Sindelar wrote at 11:51 AM 07/12/2001 -0600:

>    Mark Fitzgerald has been working for several years on international
>certification and accreditation standards through the Institute for
>Sustainable Power, Inc. (ISP). Earlier this week he asked me to represent
>the RE-Wrenches on the Practitioner Certification committee. I was glad to
>accept, and I will be there in that role.
>
>    The purpose of this posting is to let all of you know about this, and to
>ask for input and discussion on the general topic of installer
>certification, so that my contributions can represent something of a
>consensus, rather than my personal point of view. I know that this is really
>short notice, but it is for me, too. I have not been following the ISP
>process to date, so I expect to mostly listen, learn, and take back
>information to post here (or elsewhere, if Michael so decrees). I see us
>wrenches as representing skilled, independent installers of both intertied
>and stand-alone/hybrid PV systems--with an accent on the independent.

This is a good place for this discussion. Let's give Allan feedback within this list, for now.

But I also want to remind Allan and everyone else that RE-Wrenches is not an organization that can be represented. It is a forum for all wrenches, otherwise organized or not.

I'd like to see IPP involved in this formally.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com