DC Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Jun 30 13:23:34 PDT 2001

Hugh,
    Travis is right; we've seen it a bunch of times; the hydronic system
alone uses more power than a conventional residential PV system produces,
because of fundamental inefficiencies. The more thermally efficient the
boiler is, the worse it tends to be electrically. And of course, the problem
is worst during cold, gray weather, when charging capacity is least.
    We have been working on a solution to this for four years. At this point
we have developed and patented a complete hydronic control and distribution
package with 24/48 V DC in, AC out if needed, zone pumps and no phantom
load; incorporates multiple sources (solar thermal and boiler, for example)
and multiple loads (floors, sidearm, hot tub, etc.). We're at the "get
startup funds, clone ourselves, write manuals, and get it out there" stage
now.
    I'd best stop here. Our web site has more info (about two years out of
date) or e-mail me off-list.
Allan @+E