Top of pole mount ? [RE-wrenches]

Randy Cone rcone at chaffee.net
Thu Jun 28 14:39:57 PDT 2001

> From: hugh piggott <hugh.piggott at enterprise.net>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:41:44 +0100
> To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
> Subject: Re: Top of pole mount ? [RE-wrenches]
>
> At 10:30 am -0600 28/6/01, Randy Cone wrote:
>> There is about two yards of concrete at the
>> base with 4' of pole imbedded with rebar. It has worked fine for many years
>
> what do you do to combat rust at the point where  it enters the concrete?
> --
> Hugh

Hugh, The concrete comes above grade and slopes away from the pole. I have
never noticed a problem here in Colorado. All our water wells are cased for
twenty feet with schedule 40 steel pipe and grouted with concrete around the
outside. This has been the practice here for a long time with no problems so
far. My experience pulling steel clothes line poles set in the 40.s and 50's
also indicate only a moderate amount of rust. We do have a desert climate
here, about 11 inches of precip/year.
Randy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com