SW critical load considerations [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Fri Jun 22 19:43:49 PDT 2001

Marco,

The FIRST thing I do with a potential customer is to make their home as
efficient as possible... that lowers the loads right off the bat. I usually feed
most every house load off the inverter fed sub panel with the obvious exceptions
like 120 V hot tubs, resistance heaters, electric ranges, electric dryers etc.
The only 240 volt load I generally feed is the well pump, although once I added
a circuit for a forced air heating system's 240 volt blower motor. Although
certainly possible, I have yet to see a home overload the inverter... If
additional current is needed, a dual inverter system could be installed.

Here at my home we run all 120 volt loads off a single SW4024. One morning I
noticed my wife was running her blow dryer while the well pump was running the
irrigation system and I was in the kitchen making toast in the toaster and also
had the microwave oven running. The computer on in the back room and the fridge
was also running at the time. I figured if the inverter can handle this all at
once, there should be no problems with most conscious users systems.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm