Referrals and Service Calls [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 11:17:48 PDT 2001

DITTO. Most of your customers use the internet so communicate with them in the
21st century. Let your web site be your electronic business card. Show and tell
people who you are and what you do. Your internet service provider (ISP) probably
gives you a free personal web site with simple set up instructions. I don't do
web sites as a business, but I gave this simple web site to a friend. See
http://www.solarelectricalsystems.com/Company.html

Doing a web site can be easy. If you don't have the time, desire or skills, then
get a neighborhood kid to do it for you.

As far as getting email from people out of your service area, you do not have to
waste time answering them (delete key) or you can send them a polite boilerplate
answer like:

Thank you for writing. Penobscot Solar Design installs PV systems for people (be
specific like - living on the north side of Main Street in Smallville, PV). If
you want an installer for your solar electric system, please contact one of the
companies located near you that are listed at http://www.i2p.org/ (or
http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html or whatever list link that you like)

Best regards,
Daryl DeJoy