4024SW [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Thu May 31 16:32:11 PDT 2001

I recently drove out to the Olympic penninsula to resolve a customer
complaint about excessive radio noise from a SW4024. He had complained to me
and to the factory for a year, wanting one of us to come witness the
problem.  I went with a replacement inverter of identrical type and a
ProSine 3.0.  This customer was a ham radio operator with oscilloscope  on
site, so we looked at waveform and harmonics, inspected the grounding system
and wiring, and compared inverters for interference on various receivers.

The grounding was very well done, wiring was up to code, all components
close together.  The received interference was radiated mostly from home
wiring which was romex normal installation.  Metal conduit might have
restricted some of the radiated noise, but had not been used in this now
finished

Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com
A catalog business on a mountain
2 miles from utility lines,
powered entirely by our catalog products.
IF UTILITY POWER IS 1/4 MILE OR MORE FROM YOUR SITE,
get our free 160 page solar-electric Planning Guide/Catalog.
(Your postal address required - Our list is never given or sold).
Phone(208)263-4290  Fax (208) 265-4788  in Idaho, USA