Whisper 175 LV [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Thu May 17 05:29:47 PDT 2001

Hi Chris,
    We have 7 of the Whisper 175s flying right now. We've had trouble with
4 of them from manufacturing defects and on-going problems with 2 of those
4. One of these has been back to the factory for "rebuild" 3 times. In
fact, I'm heading out this weekend to work on one of them here in NY.
    Basically, the problems we've had with these units appear to have been
dealt with in the current "re-designed" 175. It's a slightly beefier unit
with reinforcements across the blades/blade plate, reinforced tail, larger
yaw shaft and other improvements.
    Bottom line....it's still a decent unit if you don't use it in a
turbulent and/ or high wind area. And don't over OR under torque those
blades! Good luck!
Roy Butler
Four Winds RE
Arkport, NY