Whisper 175 LV [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Wed May 16 22:05:02 PDT 2001

Chris Daum wrote:

> Hello wrenches,
>
> Any of you have any experiences--good or bad--with the Whisper 175LV?  I've
> got a customer about to take the plunge, and I would appreciate your input.

Real Goods has been flying a 175 (48-volt) at our Solar Living Center for over
5 years. The models being sold now have an improved rectifying and control
panel, which is good, since blown diodes in the rectifier are the only problem
we've ever had with it. It's mounted on one of the nice easy fold-over 70'
towers, but we've never had to bring it down (yet). It's a good windy site,
with a dependable coastal afternoon breeze of 10 to 15 mph every afternoon,
spring thru fall. It's been a good unit.
-Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com