big ol' diesel gen [RE-wrenches]

blair Tump may tump at midcoast.com
Tue May 8 04:34:36 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
  His SW still charges but that darn error light ....hard to tell him
everything is ok.The error light is ONLY a warning, but Hzs are definitely
way out there
Check the basics, Filters/fuel and air/ and exhaust system for
clogging.(remove at the flange exiting the gen, loud but effective)
Check the brushes making sure that one isn't worn or sticking
Ck to make sure that there isn't a chafed wire usually where the wires exit
the generator to junction box loading things unnecessarily.
Try using a different leg of the output.

>I told him to try this again and watch his meters this time so he could tell
>me what the frequency went to while loaded and what the voltage was at this
>time.

Solarwinds NorthernLights
Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
          610-517-8401              707-498-2804

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm