Fw: MPPT controller for daylight savings time [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sat May 5 14:48:07 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>

>A local farmer with a solar electric system wants me to look into a
>controller for taking advantage of daylight savings time. He wants
>to take advantage of getting that extra hour each day of sunlight.
>
>He wrote his congressman to try to end it because they're having a
>draught and the extra hour is killing his cornfield. I signed his
>petition but he "doesn't expect to get help from those damn idiots
>who run the country in Washington."

Golly, why didn't WE think of that?

>Maybe Bob-O can get John Wiles to research this daylight savings
>time controller - of course it won't work in New Mexico because
>Steve Baer informs me they don't have daylight savings time there.

Oh yeah, THAT'LL work! Why, we just chat and chat all the time! The
problem is that Sandia will develop it as a high voltage device,
stick it on a roof with a poor wiring job (hey, they're scientists,
no electricians) start a fire, and then make it a required part of
690. Come to think of it, that's just how we got saddled with the
GFP! Imagine that!
Bob-O

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com