Bergey or Whisper [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Wed May 2 19:17:00 PDT 2001

Historically, Bergey has produced far better hardware for a far higher
price. The XL.1 is their first venture into off-shore production, and the
learning curve has been steep. At this point (the inside rumor is that)
they've pulled production away from the Chinese company they started with,
and are starting all over again with another manufacturer. Also, the retail
price went from $1495 to $1695 (that's a fact, not rumor). A few of the
first-generation units apparently got delivered, but I haven't heard of
anyone other than Bergey who's flown one.
  Personally, I'm eager for someone else to try this one out and report. The
price is very attractive, but it's SOOOOO unproven. If I was you Todd, I'd
encourage my customer to buy the H80. It's specifically designed for lighter
wind sites with averages under 12 mph, like most everyone actually has.
Also, the H80 price has come down to $1995 or so in the last couple months.

Best regards,
Doug Pratt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm