Defective ST2500 [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:45:07 PDT 2001

William: Getting a quick reply is one thing from Trace but actually
getting the new firmware in a timely  manner could be something else.
I have heard so many stories from Trace lately and from suppliers
that I have given up on trying to figure which is truth and which is
BS. A few months ago they said the unit was trouble free except for
cold area installations and even problems in those were few. In the
next sentence they claimed to have created new firmware to remedy
that and were incorporating it in all units leaving the factory and
would ship to folks in your situation. A month later, one of their
techs tells me they are still beta testing that chip and arent
shipping it yet. Then suppliers tell me they arent shipping 2500s
because they are backordred on the new chips. They have exceeded all
promises of when they would deliver units, its been months and I
havent seen any. Now I hear they call the ST2500 a ST2500CB and that
it only does 2000 watts and isnt upgraded yet ( still unannounced).
So this unit they claimed has no problems is still available and the
cure isnt. I'm a bit confused by the different stories my suppliers
tell me and I even wonder if the fix exists or if they are stalling
for more time while they work it out. Can anybody else explain what
is going on with this supposedly wonderful product thats backordered
up the wazoo? I am eager to try the new Sunny Boy. Carl Reuter

=====
Land and Sea Solar.
Renewable Energy Systems.
www.landandseasolar.com