solar powered electric gate openers [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Mon Apr 16 18:15:53 PDT 2001

Gate openers of lowest cost are available from GTO in Florida.
(www.gtoinc.com)  We have sold them, about $500 retail, just a few a year,
for near 10 years.  They have no major problems, no customer complaints, but
are light duty.  Radio controlled, number code entry pads and all. We use
one here on a railroad-crossing style gate we made to avoid pushing snow
with it.

The same outfit makes a slightly more commercial grade for more money. .
There are far heavier duty ones, still solar powered, available as rolling
gates but I have lost the reference for the source.
Steve Willey
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com