tankless water heaters [RE-wrenches]

Mr. Sharkey sharkey at eugeneweb.com
Wed Mar 28 06:06:27 PST 2001

	I'm going to jump in on this one just a bit. Tossing around efficiency
figures of tank-vs.-tankless-vs.-electric is meaningless unless you
consider the price of the fuel. What hasn't been mentioned here is the unit
"therm" as in "price per therm". Yes, electric heat is 100% efficient, but
with the rocketing cost of KwH, in many places around the country, it is
more 'cost efficient' to use gas, and more so tankless gas. Anyone want to
come up with some data?
	Solar is a great way to heat water. I use it all summer, but those of us
in northern climates will still need fueled heaters for backup, or have to
shower cold.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com