Trojan Update [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler phil at positivenergy.com
Mon Mar 12 08:03:54 PST 2001

Jim Drizos of Trojan spoke at an advanced PV class at SEI that I attended.

If my memory holds, the RE line was essentially taking one size of battery
and putting it in the next larger case.  The main advantage was greater
electrolyte capacity, which extended time between adding water.

It also gave them more "sludge room" at the bottom of the case, to handle
the lead slough-off from less than ideal conditions that many RE systems
see.