NEC Code Writing on List [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Fri Mar 9 08:05:51 PST 2001

<x-flowed>At 09:54 PM 03/08/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Drake and other Wrenches who deal with the NEC,
>
>As I mentioned in an earlier message, I have been involved with the NEC 690
>technical review committee since its inception in 1994. I try to make every
>meeting because many important decision are being made that affect our whole
>industry. I am heavily involved in training inspectors and feel like I
>understand the issues from the installation and inspection viewpoints. Some
>wrenches probably consider me too much of an insider and that is why I would
>like to get other wrenches involved in the code-making process.

Hi Bill,

I think it is great that a conduit for information is opening between
Wrenches and Code writers.  I believe that your part in this process has
the potential to be of tremendous help to all parties concerned.

Much of the frustration electricians have felt with the PV Code has been
the lack of a feedback loop.  Other sections of the Code I've dealt with
have been around for a long time, and things have been hashed out.

We certainly do need a PV Code.  I remember a time when DC systems went in
without over current protection.

Thanks for your help.

Drake

To send a message: