QO Breakers and Panels [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Tue Mar 6 10:32:27 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi Travis,

Last time I had to give an inspector documentation the rating,  I found it
in the Square D digest.  If my memory serves me well, it is rated for up to
50 volts DC and was acceptable for systems of up to 24 volts nominal, as
the maximum open circuit voltage was the limit.

Drake

At 07:33 AM 03/06/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Are Square D QO 's rated for 48 volt (battery) systems?  I know that Wiles
>mentions Q0 in his Sandia Handbook but I can't find it.   From memory it
>seemed like the wording was possibly a little ambiguous about 48 systems but
>like Smitty I suffer from C.R.S.
>
>Also who determined that QO are O.K. for use in DC?  There is no mention of
>them being DC rated on the breaker or the panels themselves.  For example..
>  We frequently use 250 V AC/DC disconnects (not 240 v) available at any
>electrical supply house and they do say "250 volts DC"  on them.
>
>Has anyone had trouble with inspectors catching this?  I never get inspected
>on my rural jobs.  I'd pull a permit if there was someone to get it from but
>in rural MO and AR there isn't.  I do get inspected several cities but I
>haven't done any DC load centers on these jobs.
>
>In the last few years Square D came out with a "Homeline" brand of 1"
>breakers and panels.  Has anyone heard if they are rated for DC?
>
>Travis Creswell
>
>- - - - - - -
>To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
>The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
>List rules & etiquette:
>  http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
>To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
>For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

>T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
>http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: