Trace ST problems [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 21:10:40 PST 2001

Eric,

Remember that EPV modules have a very poor fill factor and therefore are not
far off the max power point with a few volts. However, I have seen EPV
modules operating at much lower than 39 Volts (try 34 Volts). A good rule of
thumb is to not believe manufacturers specifications--that goes for modules
and inverters.

The MPPT window of an inverter is based on the line voltage. The low end of
the voltage range is always suspect from the manufacturer. If the line
voltage is 124Volts (3%high) the low end of the MPPT window just went up 3%
(that would be about 44 Volts on the Sun-Tie). Now we have a 10 Volt
differential--Very significant power loss.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: