Manufacturers on the list? [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot telliot at wagonmaker.com
Tue Feb 27 14:04:41 PST 2001

It strikes me that it could be particularly valuable to have honest
After all, this ought to be more than a "bitch session" about manufacturers
but also a clearing house for good information from the field about problems
associated with a product, product line, technical support (or lack thereof)
and upgrade and ease-of-use suggestions.

It does no good to just talk about these things among ourselves and maybe
settle for a "dialogue" controlled entirely by a manufacturer (the recent
Xantrex meeting comes to mind) when an active dialogue between manufacturers
and wrenches can potentially take place in a forum controlled by wrenches.

It is important to demand honesty and integrity from the manufacturers in
this dialogue, no B.S., no marketing, no excuses.  The ongoing conversations
need to be about *solutions and ideas* not ass-covering.

Our complaints about manufacturers will be more to the point and less about
venting and their responses can address those points and give them no excuse
to say they didn't know about any problems.  It seems to be a win-win for
everyone.

One thing I have appreciated about Ezra is his restraint in participating
here.  He hasn't flooded this place with lots of marketing crap but has
responded and worked with the participants.  We should expect no less from
other manufacturers.

Tom Elliot
Guffey Energy Works
Solar Energy Education