Manufacturers on the list? [RE-wrenches]

Richard Perez, Home Power magazine richard.perez at homepower.com
Tue Feb 27 12:09:32 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Hello Wrenches

I favor allowing manufacturers full access to the Wrenches list.
After all, whose products are you Wrenches putting a wrench to anyway?

I try to keep my comm to this list down to a minimum even though Home
Power sponsors the list. I do, however, read every posting.

I see this list as a tool for Wrenches to communicate and learn from
each other. A very big part of this process is discussing the
hardware which is being installed. Leaving the makers of this
hardware off this list means that any and all complaints,
suggestions, and hopefully praises happen in a vacuum. While makers
can read the posting, they cannot respond to the Wrenches. This makes
the dialogue totally one sided and not productive.

Part of allowing manufacturers on this list should be an
understanding that this list is not the place for them to market
their products. It is a place to receive feedback from the field, and
reply to that feedback. I think that manufacturers can learn, and
teach, as much here as Wrenches.

I agree with Sharkey (R. Sparks Scott), let's keep this list from
becoming an old boys club.

Richard

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com