round 2 [RE-wrenches]

Smitty smitty at aaasolar.com
Tue Feb 27 09:23:12 PST 2001

Todd wrote:
I think many of the leads are folks with a
romantic idea of "solar" and little information on conservation or
realistic intelligence on what is involved in the whole setup. A web
page
with rough costs for rough kWh of production might act like a good
filter, so that the leads would be from semi informed and educated
folks.

Todd

To reinforce Todd's point I submit the following I was mailed this am.

Hi:

I live in Alaska and will be building my own home within the next 5 or 6
years.  I will be putting a metal roof on my home and am
looking into using solar panels as well.  I would love to run as many
appliances as possible from solar power, but during the middle
of winter we only get about 5 hours of light.  In addition, some winters
are rather cloudy.  Would it be possible to run a solar water
heater in this situation?  Please e-mail me information on this
subject.  I am in the stage of doing a lot of research on making my
home as environmentally friendly as possible and would appreciate any
information you can provide me with.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Cindy Lyons

AND

On our last power bill we received we used 60 kWh per day and a total of
1800 kWh for the month.  With this info can you give me a
idea on what size of a system it will take to power our house and out
buildings?

Thanks
    Jack

To send a message: