Battery sizing for running the SW [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sat Feb 24 15:09:58 PST 2001

Doug Pratt wrote:
> That helps, so does turning the absorption volts way down, the float volts
> down, adjusting the float time to minimum, etc., etc. There's lots of
> tinkering you can do to minimize charging wattage,

Hey Doug,

I agree, but actually I wasn't speaking to the issue of attempting to
improve grid-tie efficiency by turning down the charger amps (a whole
nother issue with its own can of worms).  I was saying that if you do
put an extremely small battery (200AH) on an SW and leave the charging
amps at the 30A default, the resulting C/6.6 charge rate could have
problems associated with it that go beyond efficiency. -- Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: