PG&E(Pennyless Gas & Electric) [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Fri Feb 23 16:50:44 PST 2001

Dear Wrenches:

At the last California PV Alliance meeting the issue of residential Time of
Day Net Metering came up.
The California PUC has required the utilities to offer Time of Day Net
metering and So Cal Edison gave a presentation on their program.  It seemed
like they (SCE & PG&E) were scrambling trying to get something in place so
it is not surprising that the word is not really out yet.  I don't really
think the utilities are trying to oppose this but the PUC just gave them a
mandate a few months ago.

In terms of buying a meter I believe that the utilities require that they
must own the meter.
This has to do with calibrations and revenue issues.
I will try and find out a model number and source for a meter form some of
my utility friends.
Then you can give the information to your uniformed guy to help speed things
along.

If you have any questions or I can be of any further assistance please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

John Berdner

SMA-America, Inc.