Xantrex ST performance [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Feb 14 16:54:12 PST 2001

Hi all,

I spoke to AES yesterday about their grid tie units. nice specs, and I here
good thinggs. Natural cooling (no fan at ANY wattage). They were very
accomodating and Fed Exed literature for a show I'm doing today and
tomorrow. Pricing is not as nice when you get over 1 kW, but then, it
apparently works.

I was at the same seminar as Chris, and that system was doing 1200 watts
BEST. Typically even lower. Geoff did seem to be truly interested in the
problem, but indicated he has a problem getting the Trace Techs to believe
these aren't all install problems. So he needs to go to the site with many
multi meters (or is that multi- multi-meters) and try to document enough to
make the techs believe him. Sounds like the techs are very defensive. I'm
sure they do get a lot of problems dumped on them that are in fact field
problems, but as we know the show also fits the other foot, and seems that
we have some pretty sophisticated folks on list here who can't make the
stuff work right, so maybe Trace should take this a little more to "heart".

Jeff