Wind tower engineering [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sat Feb 3 17:41:15 PST 2001

Roy,
   You are right about the Bergey Towers.  I have a BWC1500 on a 6" dia tilt
up tower and it is the sweetest system I have ever had the privilege to
install.  I'm looking forward to installing a lot of XL.1's this summer.
This particular unit (BWC1500) is in it's third reincarnation having first
been the test unit for the tower made by NRG Systems for Bergey.  It is an
84' tower and can be installed in about 4 hours.  We raised it next to the
parking lot at the Sheraton Inn in Burlington VT for the AWEA conference.
(unfortunately the wind did not blow all week)  It took 2 hours to screw in
the anchors and another hour and a half to raise it.  Removal took 1 hour and
15 min flat.... packed into a van.  As I am typing tonight I am cruising on
wind power with up to 46 amps at 24VDC during the gusts and generally
breaking even running the whole house.  I have a poor wind site, but it kicks
in on occasion to give me some entertainment.  It's always a pleasant
surprise when you go to bed with depleted batteries and wake up to 100%.

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar & WInd

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com