T/ wish list/battery cable trick [RE-wrenches]

blair Tump may tump at midcoast.com
Sat Jan 20 20:16:59 PST 2001

<x-flowed>  YES sure would be easier ! A trick we use is to cut & remove the
insulation back 1/2" then cut a 1/8" wide strip, slide this up to the end
of the cable & as you push it (the cable)into the lug the 1/8" strip keeps
the strands together after its in place you cut it away and push the rest
of the way. wha laa
>Drake Chamberlin, Quicksilver Electrical wrote at 07:43 PM 01/16/2001 -0800:
>
> >How about 350 MCM lugs in the DC disconnect to ease installing the finely
> >stranded battery cable.
>
>Hey gang, is this something we want?
>
>Michael Welch
>
>------------------------
>"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of
>scum on top."
>
>                         Edward Abbey
>
>Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
>       Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
>       Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
>       (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481
>

>- - - - - - -
>To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
>The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
>To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
>For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

>T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
>http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com