Trace wish list [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Jan 16 10:25:36 PST 2001

Phil Undercuffler wrote at 12:27 PM 01/11/2001 -0800:

>My $.02:
> > 3.      Set default bulk and EQ voltages to 14.1 (per 12 volts nominal).
>
>I understand the value of this, but I'd rather it be not so easy to reset
>(or, in other words, memory backup for EPROM should rate higher in wish
>list)

Good, I moved EPROM close to the top.

> > 5.      The option of getting a bigger transfer switch built in. That 60
>amp switch feels obsolete when so many houses  are 100 amp service
>
>I think this could just drive up the price without really benefitting 99%
>of the users.  What offgrid or energy concious backup system needs to push
>beyond 60 amps, at either 110 or 220?

I think that's why it was requested as an option. But I will add that it should not be added as an option if it will drive up the price of the standard units.

> > 6.      More wiring space both DC & AC.
>Amen!

Bumped that up on the list.

> > 8.      Box redesign with three 2 or 2 1/2" KOs in the bottom, or failing
>that, stay with the same box if they gotta, but move the KO from the right
>side to the middle.
>
>Is this the DC disconnect we're talking about?

Yes.

> > 16.     Make ALL AC, relay, and plug in (temp sensor) locations front
>accessible.
>
>My wish is to have the temp sense plug on the DC side of the inverter. You
>know, where the conduit going to the batteries ends up.

It now says (numbering has changed because of above):

17.     Make ALL AC, relay, and plug in (except temp sensor) locations front accessible.

18.     Put temp sensor plug in on DC side where DC conduit to batteries ends up.

> > 20.     Equalize battery feature that works.
>I would add at the touch of a button on the faceplate

Good.

> > 28.     Make cursor more visible.
>How about a black square with the letter/selection printed in
>reverse/background grey?

Good.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."

			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
      Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
      Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
      (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: