The Belize modules story [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Mon Jan 8 17:35:45 PST 2001

Jim Hartley wrote:

> Why, in God's name, is this place "peaking" at anything on this scale
> with only these few people living there?  This sounds more like
> something from a James Bond movie.  Where are the missle launchers, one
> wonders.
>
> Doug, you must lead an interesting life.

"Interesting" was the first night I was there.  I was hyped, couldn't sleep,
so I decided to go for a walk, enjoy some tropical air (and maybe find a way
to switch off some of the damn mercury vapor lights).  I ran into a
guard...fully equipped with all kinds of scary stuff hanging off his belt, and
a deadly-serious, professionally-trained german shepard guard dog.  I did NOT
go for any late night strolls after that, and I gave up looking for the
missile launchers.
  I found the nice bar at the next resort up the beach was very friendly, and
I usually went there for a beer in the evening.
-Doug

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: