The Belize modules story [RE-wrenches]

Jim Hartley grail at inil.com
Mon Jan 8 05:44:38 PST 2001

Doug Pratt wrote:

>   Here's the skinny on the Belize modules.  They're coming from a resort
> called "The Essene Way" on Ambergris Caye, and were part of a 101kW
> array.

First off, a true Essene wouldn't be visiting such a place, I should
think.

 It's a christian-theme resort, and there's
> never anyone using it, other than the family that owns it.

Interesting.  Very interesting.

It's got "tax
> write-off" written all over it!

Hmmm.

The solar part has worked fine, since my
> visit, but it doesn't come anywhere near meeting their total energy
> demand, nor was it ever expected to. They've got huge AC loads, thanks
> to some really awful building design, and zero energy-awareness
> mentality. I never saw the base load drop under 20kW, even at night, and
> it spiked 75kW nearly every day.

Why, in God's name, is this place "peaking" at anything on this scale
with only these few people living there?  This sounds more like
something from a James Bond movie.  Where are the missle launchers, one
wonders.

Doug, you must lead an interesting life.

Jim Hartley
http://www.homestead-specialties.com
Business Email: JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com
Direct Email: grail at inil.com