Request from RG techie [RE-wrenches]

Jim Hartley grail at inil.com
Sat Jan 6 13:15:15 PST 2001

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection wrote:
> Group,
> Two cents coming up: I'm OK with Doug. I've known him a long time and
> he is one of the only RGs that at least TRIES to get the customer
> lined out right rather than push the "overstocked special of the
> week". On the other hand, Doug can read all this stuff just like
> anybody else. If he participates by asking questions like we all do
> and we help him, we are helping RG. Since they are strictly sales and
> NO service AND are known for many "less than sterling" designs, we
> sort of defeat our own rules, no?
> Bob-O
>
> >I need to put my personal prejudices aside and let you guys decide
> >on this request to be on the Wrenches list. I got this mail today.
> >Ironically, I heard that Doug Pratt is the one that put together the
> >Belize project.

Well, you do have a point with this second observation.  Then, too, I'm
also new here and maybe I should be less presumptuous with my opinions.
At the same time, as has been noted already, anybody can read the
commentary here should they wish to do so.  So, who knows who else may
be lurking about and benefitting from these exchanges to some member's
detriment without that person's knowledge.  It cuts both ways as I see
it.  Sure, this could be a great technical primer for one's competition
just in READ ONLY mode.  Maybe the key is to not make things a public
read if exclusivity is a concern.  That way only the heirophants know
the secrets and remain in exclusive union.
I question whether one individual is that much of a threat.  If I'm
wrong, can't we burn egregious offenders at the stake?  Would that
convey a message?  How about electrocution by PV array?  One that works.

Jim Hartley
http://www.homestead-specialties.com
Business Email: JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com
Direct Email: grail at inil.com