Real Goods & Siemens panels [RE-wrenches]

Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters bob at energyoutfitters.com
Fri Jan 5 12:40:01 PST 2001

Hi Michael,
The story I heard was the original system was installed to power a resort that was never used.  Big money, tax scam?  Apparently a hurricane collapsed the arrays and
hundreds of panels were broken.  Apparently this is what was salvagable.  Can't substantiate one word of this story!
Regards,
Bob Maynard
Energy Outfitters
800-467-6527

"Michael Welch, Home Power" wrote:

> I just got a blurb from Tina Nickerson at Siemens saying that Real Greed is selling up to 1000 used PC-4s at below $4 a watt with 21 years left on their warranties.
>
> If I am not mistaken, this is the second time these modules have been sold by RG. Does anyone have the deep specifics as to why this system was dismantled?
>
> Michael Welch
>
> ------------------------
> "Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."
>
>                         Edward Abbey
>
> Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
>       Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
>       Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
>       (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481
>

> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics
> Manage your email with MyTopica: http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01/my

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

 michael.welch at homepower.com