sw quiry [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 25 10:46:55 PST 2001

Jay,

They do have the software without sell, I'm just not sure what other
features are missing. This will ultimately be the way they continue to sell
SWs to the off-grid market in the near future. As you suggested, nothing is
instantaneous in these situations.

Xantrex may have better data, but from what I know (I'm sure others may know
better), I think the ratio is about 5% utility interactive, maybe 5% backup
power, and at least 90% off grid. Until two years ago there was almost no
backup power (99.9% offgrid) and until last year there was almost no utility
interactive. My main suspicion for why the whole SW fiasco happened in the
first place is exactly that reason. Attention was placed where their market
was strongest--off-grid. Can't blame them for the emphasis. Nobody was truly
ready for the influx of public interest with the California energy crisis. I
guess it's an example of "be careful what you wish for", but it certainly
has been good for a lot of people, especially folks like your company.

Merry Christmas,
Bill.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm