PV Installer Certified Program [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Dec 20 13:12:14 PST 2001

Wrenches,
     As you may be aware, I am considered a member of the technical
committee of the NABCEP
working group developing a national PV installer certification. I was added
to the group because I
attended a working group meeting in Albuquerque last summer. At the time I
offered to represent the
perspective of the wrenches, meaning existing independent installers, to the
process.
     I have done a very poor job since then. While the wrenches is not an
organization per se, my
goal was to stand up for the independent installing dealer, who somehow
needs to be included in the
development of a national standard to help RE prepare for a much bigger
future. With the long hours of
building our business, I have pushed this task to the back burner time and
again. So now I throw myself
on the mercy of the list (sorry-I'm being melodramatic) with a full apology
for not doing much that I
said I would, or thought I would. I welcome responses, advice, criticism,
and rants about this, on- or off-
list.
     In a posting to follow I will offer my contribution on the topic of
national certification. I had to
put this part out to this group first. I have high respect for the function,
makeup, and value of this forum.
Allan at Positive Energy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com