Xantrex SW Series [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 08:06:37 PST 2001

Don,
I wrote to you about our out-of-California customers who are concerned
about Xantrex inverters. Below is part of an email from from a customer
who is the first in his region and one of the first in his state to
install a grid intertie residential PV system. Xantrex needs to support
these PV pioneers at least as enthusiastically as retailers, designers
and installers. By comparison, Saturn car owners feel that Saturn cares
but Xantrex customers feel that they are adrift and alone in a troubled
sea. Come on Xantrex. Boldly step forward and restore confidence in your
products.
-----------------

I've gotten several emails from other folks (see the Grid Tie Forum) who
have had
problems with the "Sell" function on their inverter.  I've suggested
they go backwards in
firmware revisions, like I did, to get better performance.  One alerted
me to the new "Grid
Tie Interface" that Xantrex is planning to offer for their islanding
problem, and they claim
better "sell back" efficiency.

     Somehow, I doubt that they will provide these units, "free" to
users that are having
problems with their systems, staying connected to the grid.  I hope they
integrate this in
their new units.  If  you hear anything about the availability and cost
of these systems,
please mention it on your web site.  I like to visit your site regularly
to see what's new.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm