Backup generators. [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Nov 8 10:21:12 PST 2001

> The propane units have all had problems, even the so called commercial
units from Kohler
etc.  ( they probably work fine in load loading, but under heavy load burn
valves with great regularity.)

Jay,
Could you say more about your Kohler experiences? We're (limited) Kohler
dealers, and they're so much more expensive than the homeowner units that
most folks are used to that we have to offer them as a premium, top-quality
alternative. We have seen no significant problems except sometimes at
start-up. What problems have you seen? And in particular, how do the
homeowner units (the 8.5 and 11 RMY) units compare with the smaller
commercial units? (On that note, we use the 10, 12, and 20 RY models, as
they derate better at our elevations; I guess the 17 and 22 are more popular
near sea level.)
Thanks!
Allan at Pos En

- - - -