third Party Installations [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Nov 7 17:02:58 PST 2001

At 10:43 AM 11/7/01 -0500, you wrote:

>As long as you know where a wire goes, you can always let an
>electrician skin his knuckles putting it there!
>
>Jeff Yago

Jeff:

I have to disagree strongly with this statement.  How can you tell, over
the telephone, that the electrician has installed the right wire in the
right place in the right manner?  Most electricians, good and bad, I would
classify as strictly apprentices for PV installations, just because they
have no experience in this field.  I've seem them blow it.  Heck, my early
installations are not so hot either, but I've paid my dues.  You are
encouraging people to hire electricians to do something they are not
trained for.

I feel your attitude is hurting our industry because there is a much higher
likelihood that installations left up to inexperienced installers will have
problems.  I also am not so keen on sharing proprietary information with
someone who is fostering this approach.

Sincerely,

William Miller

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com