third Party Installations [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 4 05:21:33 PST 2001

We have very strong system design support and sell custom "packaged systems"
to our clients.  Our sell price includes up front fees for site visit to
select equipment locations, system design, and quotation based on several
different options to help client fit into their budget.

We use as much pre-wired panels and switchgear we can fit into the design to
avoid field wiring.  Our fee also includes a very professional prepared set
of wiring diagrams that any licensed electrician can follow.  Our quotation
also includes full phone support during the installation and a second site
visit when the install is complete to verify proper connections and to
program inverter and charge controllers.  (Complex systems may include added
site visits if needed.)

However, we do not do the actual installation!.  We advise client that we
will work with a licensed electrician in their area who is providing the
actual equipment installation.  Since we have provided pre-wired electrical
panels, factory made pre-drilled mounting hardware for the modules, we are
using the electrician for his skills, not his "solar" experience.  We have
completed many installations that the electrician did not know what he was
installing or how it worked.

A good commercial electrician usually has already installed many transfer
switches, generator sub-panels, and can follow a simple wiring diagram that
shows what wire to use, where to mount the equipment, and can do it
according to the NEC.

I know many solar dealers may provide their own installation work, but we
have found a market that works for us and our clients, and end up with a
future "local" technical contact available to respond to basic service
issues for us.

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

- - - -