Elevator backup power [RE-wrenches]

Andy Tyson a_tyson at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 16:32:23 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
We are currently working on a house with wheelchair lift as well. His
lift includes a UPS for lowering and gate operation. In our case the
client will be happy on ground floor if power is low, and the UPS can
get him there.
-Andy

>Friends:
>
>I have a prospective client who has requested I propose a backup only
>system.  There is no convenient space on his property for PV nor is wind an
>alternative.  He wants a grid charged battery back up system.
>
>The client is in a wheel chair and one of the loads he wants backup for is
>an elevator.  He also wants to backup two refrigerators, a home office, an
>electric gate, etc.
>
>I am apprehensive about the possibility that the client will choose to get
>in his elevator while the batteries may be low and half way down (or up)
>the inverters conk out on a low battery condition.
>
>I have thought of putting a battery monitor in his elevator and instruct
>him not to use the elevator below a certain voltage.  I could also lengthen
>the Low Battery Cut Out time so that the inverters will not shut down on a
>battery sag created by running the elevator.  I will also recommend a
>telephone in his elevator if he doesn't already have one.
>
>Any other suggestions?
>

>Thanks,
>
>William

>William Miller
>SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
>PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
>Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
>email: wrmiller at slonet.org
>License No. C-10-773985
>Compatibility:
>Word processor: WP7
>Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
>CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
>"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Creative Energies
           Sun - Wind - Water
Powerful solutions for your clean energy needs
Andy Tyson, Scott Kane
801 South 3rd Street
Lander WY. 82520
(307) 332-7248 mobile: (307) 349-4515