Bondage, Ya Baby [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Mon Oct 22 14:53:24 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>

Have you considered good ol' thermal heat sink compound?  It's the stuff
that they use to mount power transistors on to heat sinks.  It's not really
an adhesive, but you said that wasn't the most important requirement.  It's
also usually electrically insulating - the whole point is to keep live
electronic components from shorting to grounded heat sinks.  It is designed
specifically to enhance thermal conductivity between metals.

Any real electronics supply house or catalog distributor will probably
carry at least a couple different brands.  (Don't know about Radio Shack,
probably not.)  It comes in small containers or tubes depending on how much
of the goop that you need.  It's a mess, but it's non-corrosive and it works.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Sandy UT

At 04:38 PM 10/22/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Buenos Dias, does anybody know of a good thermally conductive adhesive
>for joining metals together. High adhesive qualities are not as
>important as thermal conductivity. Muchos Gracias. Smitty.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com