PV Grounding [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Wed Oct 17 09:42:43 PDT 2001

Hello,

If the module array rack is metal, when bolting the modules to the rack you
can use star washers between the module frame and the rack, tightening well
to assure the washers bite into both surfaces. Then just ground the array
rack itself. Codeman John Wiles told me years ago this is legal. If a module
is removed, the other module frames will still be grounded through their
respective star washers.

Kirk