e-meter ALERT [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Thu Sep 13 09:13:48 PDT 2001

I already sent it back yesterday. It was totally dead out of the box, but we
should use the list as a database for bad S/N's since the manufacturers aren't
willing to do this. I heard Bob-O has seen bad e-meters too, which is why I
posted to the list. Evidently this is not an isolated incident.

Todd

"Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters" wrote:

> Todd,
> Can you get me a serial # and or date code for the questionable meter.  Was
> it totally dead or partially alive?  I've had a few units date coded 8-01
> fail in the last week.  We saw one d.o.a., one with a display but couldn't
> get into the programming mode, and the other I don't have details on.  I
> brought this newest Xantrex problem to Pagan's attention.  Its unfortunate
> to see them falling down on QC.

Yes, but hey... it means less overhead and higher profits... and that's the
most important thing for a corporation concerned with profits over service,
right? Why do you think they bought out Trace anyway.

> Bob

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm