New Topic MPPT and wind power [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Mon Sep 10 13:26:36 PDT 2001

Hullo there...

We have a lot of comment on MPPT with solar.

Anyone with experience in using MPPT with wind ??

For example the solar boost range how might it go with an AWP36.

Some MTTP momentarily disconnects the load during computation time, this might
allow the mill to free spin with no load. Anyone know if the SB3048 does this.

I expect any MPPT unit will effectively load the mill differently and hopefully
maximize the best torque point a little better.

How about this for a torquing point ???

Carl Emerson
Free Power
New Zealand.