system output honesty [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 08:28:08 PDT 2001

Bob-O,

I appreciate the honesty of the Trace rep, but I think that is a
conservative number (always good to be conservative). I found that the Trace
SW series had a software flaw in it that was mis-timing zero crossings
(observed on my own 5548). This mis-timing was causing substantial
effeciency reduction. Once the error was corrected, the unit cooled down
substantially and I was able to see efficiencies in the mid-to-upper 80s
using very accurate equipment. All ETL-listed SW series inverters have this
problem and it can only be corrected by going into the tech menu and making
the adjustment.

The new UL-listed units were supposed to solve this problem, but I haven't
had the time to do the detailed testing to prove it. I would agree 120% with
your bullshit comment--we have way too much bullshit in this industry and it
has to stop.

Bill.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm