system output honesty [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Sep 4 08:18:18 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Bill,
No so according to my rep at Trace. He states (and I appreciate his
honesty) that the SW will achieve about 80% in sell mode at 25% of
it's capacity. I.E., for a SW40XX that would be 1KW selling. Above OR
below that, that efficiency DROPS.
The problem, of course, is that the information is available NOWHERE
either printed or on the web for wrenches to see. That is
unacceptable. How are we to be honest with the client if the
manufacturer isn't honest with us. I can forgive warts and problems
with units so long as the manufacturer is working on solutions. That
is the way  of things. Deliberately hiding the "bad news", on the
other hand, is pure bullshit.
Bob-O

>The SW is definitely more efficient than 65% for most situations. A good
>average number in sell back is 85% (a far cry from the 95% value in the
>manual for going through a resistor).

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm