Richard Perez , Start Talking to us - Pagan, don't stop talking to us [RE-w

Steve Bell sebpv at stelle.net
Fri Aug 31 12:18:43 PDT 2001

Bill,

Your message is very well stated and although I only included  portions of
it, the entire message is great. I think it should be a "must read" for all
wrenches, especially newbees to the industry.

The dealer/installer is "the expert" to the end-user. They, the end-user,
trusts the dealer to recommend and install quality, proven reliable
products. The dealer/installer must except some degree of responsibility if
they install new, unproven equipment and problems arise.  I won't make
excuses for the manufacturers of products that don't operate as advertised;
design problems should be the exception, not the rule.

On a separate but related topic, it is important for dealers to explain to
their potential grid-tie customers that the typical "net" power delivered to
the grid is only about 65-70% (at best) of the "rated" output of the solar
array. I am sure many of the wrenches do this as standard practice, but I am
seeing quite a few new dealers and end-users who do not have a clue about
this reality.

Sincerely,
Steve Bell
Technical Support