China Products [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at erols.com
Tue Jul 31 10:44:42 PDT 2001

Up until last year you knew where a solar pv product was made.  Now,
although StatPower is advertised as a Canada manufacturer, their
inverters are made in China.

Siemens advertised their modules are made in the U.S. which our
clients like, only to have them shipped to our clients in sealed boxes
indicating they were made in South America.

Now the same thing is going on with Trace products.  I tell clients
about the "Made in USA" Trace factory in Washington I have visited
only to have their products shipped in boxes marked as made in Mexico
or even China.

I don't want to "bash" other countries, but are all our solar products
now going to be imported?  What about supporting the solar industry in
the U.S.?  I have also noticed a loss in quality in some of these
imported products and we are having more shipping damage which may be
due to more handling or lower quality packaging.

I also bet products that a manufacturer made in the U.S. now has them
built in China for 50% less labor, yet I do not see any reduction in
our cost!

Am I alone on this one??

Jeff Yago

- - - -